Monday, November 21, 2011

Good times had by all.

This weekend we had a fabulous turnout for what was my first CrossFit multi-gym competition. I have always been that person screaming on the side lines wondering if I could be heard by my friends and husband as they tried to push out that last rep or struggle through a goat workout. Now I know, YES those familiar voice in the crowd of yelling can be heard and DO make a difference. It is this type of camaraderie that makes CrossFit truly different. WE are strong -yes, we work hard- yes but more than anything we are a team we are bound together by this unexplainable family like bond. Yes we are competing but there was no boundary to who we would scream for, everyone was cheering for everyone. I can't explain it. I wanted everyone to do well. I could see the determination in these strangers faces and I wanted to know there name so I could be heard.Telling them they were great they were doing it, they would get to the end. Just do ONE MORE. Such a powerful thing this CrossFit stuff  if only we could cheer each other on in all aspects of our lives instead of trying to knock people down or step over people on our own way to where we were headed.  Just a little shout out to all those voices I knew and didn't know who cheered me on this weekend. Thanks ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment