- 100 M run
Saturday, May 17, 2014
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Muscle Up Progressions
30 fast feet jump rope
5 shoulder dislocated
3-5 hollow body rocks to sit up- working arm transitions
5 Indian push ups
Two way shoulder stretch on bar
Taping wrists ;0)
False grip holds 3 sets of ten seconds each- on bar
- The false grip puts your wrist over the rings and therefore on top of the ring at the start so no need to rotate it later.
- The wrist becomes a hinge.
- Thumb on top on fingers
3 sets 5 dips- HOLD AT THE BOTTOM 5 sec- (rx'd/banded) rest 2 minutes between sets)
- Get comfortable at the bottom
- Shoulder past the rings forearm should be VERTICAL
- Can you keep the rings close to the body
3 sets 5 chest to rings rest 1 minute between sets (rx'd or Banded)
- Chin IN!
- Lean back and think rib cage to rings
- Toes come up and forward
10 minutes working the transition- open body on bands - to deep dip position.
- Banded from the bottom of low rings
- Laying on floor with hard hip drive
- ON the ring muscle up rigging
· For those who are consistently successful with the transition the rest of the time can be spent working the muscle up controlled! Full ROM on either the high rings or banded on the low ones.
- Start in a dead hang hollow body position with shoulders glued to your ears
- Hands are turned out and in a false grip
- Initiate movement by pulling your shoulder blades back and down and making your neck long
- Make sure ribs stay down, abs and butt on
- Follow through with a pull and allow hands to rotate freely as you direct your hips towards the rings
- When the pull reaches its peak, transition into a dip by sending the head up and over the rings while raising the toes up
- If done correctly this should look like a sit up done around the rings
- Once in the hole of the dip treat the rest of the movement as a regular ring dip
- Finish with elbows in full lock out and hands with thumbs in the ten & two o'clock position