This lesson is designed for ALL skill levels. Handstands are something you need to do hundreds of, maybe even thousands to get the hang of it. Come in and get some practice in.
- Tuck to a Hollow lowering to a tempo of (33x1)3 down- hold at bottom for 3 then and right back up to tuck- x10
- Shoulder dislocates and circle 8's- x10
- Banded Plank pulls- 5 each arm
- Shoulder taps 10 each side on floor or box
Body Position review - ribs down arms locked and covering ears, active shoulders
Lets roll! Learning to fall safely- quick review of how to bail - 3 Handstand forward rolls each
10 minutes of handstand work:
- Three rounds of: 1.1.1 cluster of
- (1 wall climb- 3 active pulls away from wall and 5 shoulder taps each arm- come down)- this is ONE
- Scaled this would be:1 wall climb and climb down- 5 taps with feet on a box - three kick to handstand attempts
Pressing to handstand- For the remainder of the class we will work this it can be done against the wall,banded or on a box.
Scaled just pressing to a ball position. Or pressing into a headstand.
For those of you not ready to press up the time will be spent practicing free handstands with a spot or holds on the wall.